My name is Mary Viles. I have been helping folks navigate their health insurance options since 2013. Since the rollout of the Affordable Care Act my husband Josh and I have helped thousands of people apply for tax credits to help pay for insurance and pick and enroll in insurance plans. I am an independent business person and am very passionate about helping folks with their health insurance in an honest and professional manner.
Why Should You Schedule an Open Enrollment Consultation With Me?
- There are three types of people you can talk to if you need assistance. There are the Marketplace representatives, navigators, and agents/brokers. Representatives and navigators can help you with the application and enroll you in plans, but they are not allowed to give you recommendations or help you with questions and problems down the road. As an agent I can. I am appointed with every company that offers individual insurance in Virginia and have an in depth understanding of their products.
- Working with an agent does not raise your rates. You pay the same amount monthly whether you use one or not. Having my name attached as your broker allows me to assist you throughout the year if you have any issues with the Marketplace and the insurance companies.
- If you have found your way here you have probably had some kind of negative experience with insurance. I can take a lot of confusion, frustration, and fear out of this process and give you educated and honest advice. Sometimes all of your options stink. At the very least when you work with me you will walk away knowing that you have chosen the least stinky of options available in your situation. The majority of my business comes from word of mouth referrals. I believe this is because my clients trust me and value the services I offer.
What to expect during an Open Enrollment Consultation
- I will start by asking you questions to determine what your options are. This will include questions about your family size, your predicted household income, your current insurance, and whether you have access to coverage through an employer, spouse, or parent.
- Next we will go through the Marketplace application to purchase insurance. If applicable, this is where you also apply for a tax credit to help pay for your insurance. If you’ve already applied before, we go through the old application and make sure everything is up to date. I use my web broker platform to do this so you do not need to use or have a Marketplace account. We do everything on my computer.
- After we submit the application, we review your eligibility results notice. I will point out any requirements they are asking of you and either help you upload any needed documentation or explain what you need to do to satisfy them.
- Next we will pick and enroll you in a plan. We will compare plans based on your budget, your medical needs, and networks. We may run your doctors and drugs through the system at this point.
- Throughout the appointment I will explain everything in easy to understand terms. If there is anything you need to do on your end after the appointment you will either leave with a written list or receive a followup email from me. I also send you a confirmation email with detailed information about your plan. I am available throughout the year if you have any questions or issues.
- You can do all of this on your own. If you don’t think you need my service try using THIS link instead of healthcare.gov. I have found it to be more user friendly and easier to navigate. If you attempt to do it but get stuck or have simple questions that don’t need a whole official appointment please contact me! I want to help you.
I do receive a commission from many of the companies I work with. The commission varies from company to company and the health insurance companies have been known to stop paying from one year to the next. By charging a consulting fee I am able to earn a more stable income. I also sell life, home, auto, renters, and commercial insurance. I do not charge a fee for helping in these areas. I work for myself but am appointed with a lot of companies. I can and want to shop around for you in these areas to find you savings and better products! Give us a call, or shoot us an email to start the process. Hope to talk to you soon.
Active Virginia Licenses-
- Health Producer
- Life & Annuities Producer
- Property & Casualty Producer
- Life and Health Consultant
- Property and Casualty Consultant
- FFM Certified Web Broker
- Marketplace Circle of Champions (designates producers with enrollment expertise)